If you live in Canada and want to work from home, there are a few job opportunities that are currently in need of home agents in your area. In fact, I have noticed that Canada has quite a few work at home job leads. Although not as many as in the US but it does comes in at a close second.
In order to be a qualified candidate for some of the positions, you will need some basic work at home equipment in the form of a computer or access to one, fast Internet and possibly a headset as well as virus protection and a surge protector. The last two are optional but may be needed as some point or another, especially if you frequent the Internet regularly and encounter power outages due to weather and other circumstances beyond your control. If you are in need of some of the work at home tools, please visit this page to purchase your work at home equipment online.
Make sure that you also read over each job description to see if the employer is hiring from a specific region in Canada before you apply online. For those who are reading this post and do not reside in Canada, you can browse this official website for more international work at home job leads and check out this post that I wrote entitled, “Work at home Jobs that hire Worldwide” as well as “Work at home Jobs that pay via PayPal” because some of those job leads are open to candidates worldwide.
Work at home jobs for Canadians
- Center Sales Agent – Uhaul is hiring agents to receive incoming calls from customers calling specific U-Haul moving centers across Canada. Calls may involve general rental inquires, reservations and other questions. Applicants must be able to speak French Canadian and English. Paid training provided.
- Customer Service Agents – Inspire is looking for candidates to speak to donors across Canada to help raise funds, respond to emergencies, sponsor children and more. You must have 1 year call center experience, have a warm, positive attitude, a USB headset and a printer and a scanner. Pays $14 per hour.
- Research Interviewer – Opinion Search Inc. is seeking research interviewers to conduct phone interviews and surveys from home. Will need 6 months experience, a clear speaking voice a noise cancelling headset and a Windows or Mac computer if Windows is installed. Part time.
- Editors – I just posted this position on the Friday freebie page of Workersonboard.com and I noticed that they also hire people from Canada to work from home. Here is a summary of the job description. Amusement Advantage is seeking editors to review mystery shopping results prior to submission to clients. Must have good writing and editing skills as well as an understanding of the mystery shopping industry. Will need reliable high speed Internet with a newer computer that has Mozilla Firefox, unlimited long distance service and the ability to use video calling. Will earn $200-$500 per month from September through May and $$400-$1,000 per month from June to August.
- Reservation Sales Reps – Enterprise Rent a Car has multiple openings for individuals to handle inbound calls from Enterprise rental branches across Canada assisting customers with reservations, rates and availability information. Must have 6 months customer service experience, can work 40 hours per week and live in Ontario. You will need a USB headset and a Windows computer. Pays $12.50 per hour.
- Social Media Internet Assessor – Lionbridge is seeking individuals to review online search results to improve their content and quality. You must be a legal resident of Canada and own and use a smartphone. Will also need to be a daily user of social media. Read my review about what it is like to work from home for Lionbridge here.
- Interpreters – Language Line Solutions has multiple work at home positions for telephone interpreters who are fluent in English and another language to work from home. See the full list of opportunities for Canadians online.
- Translators – Can Talk Canada Inc. is seeking interpreters to handle calls and interpret them between speakers of another language and English.
- Web Search Evaluator – Appen is looking for Internet savvy individuals to improve search engine results for everyone. Must be fluent in written and verbal English, have a broad range of interests and have a computer that runs Windows Vista or above. Training provided. Part time.
- Search Engine Evaluator – Leapforce is in need of search engine evaluators to conduct research, evaluation and feedback on search engine results. Must have excellent web research skills and a smartphone. You can read a complete job description and apply online here.
- Telephone Survey Clerk – Advanis is seeking candidates to conduct interviews based on questionnaires and surveys. You will record the answers and enter them into the computer.
- Bilingual Customer Service Agent – 8753326 Canada Inc. is seeking those to conduct client calls with their customers in Quebec. Must be able to speak and write French fluently. Will need a Windows computer and 1 year basic computer skills.
- Closed Captioning Transcriptionist – Bell Media is seeking those who live in Canada to transcribe for closed captioning for the English language. Must have knowledge of the closed captioning process.
- Copywiter/Proofreader – Canadian company has 3 openings for copywriters and proofreaders to work from home preparing, rewriting and editing copy, verifying dates, facts and other duties. Must have your own computer, Adobe Acrobat Pro and reliable Internet. Pays up to $2.50 per page.
- Customer Support Agent – Alchemic Dream is looking for French-English customer support agents for a video game. You will assist video game players in troubleshooting their account issues. Seeking native French speakers with very good English. Pays $10-$13 per hour CAD.
- iSoft Stone – This company has several freelance work at home jobs for those who live in Canda in search engine evaluation, mobile testing, data collection and more.
- Pizza Order Takers – Pizza73 is seeking pizza order takers to inbound calls for pizza orders from home. Must have your own PC, headset and can work late nights and weekends. Pays $11-$13 per hour.
- French Canadian Telephone Mystery Shoppers – Intelichek is hiring bilingual individuals in to collect pricing data from different areas in Canada. Must be fluent in English and French, type 35 wpm with good computer skills.
- Home Agents – Sykes hires home agents in Canada to service customer calls from home. You will need a land line phone. Paid training with hourly pay.
- Bilingual Customer Service Agent – Pizza Pizza is seeking candidates to provide accurate and timely responses to customers and restaurant operators. You will also resolve customer and restaurant orders and concerns. Will need a USB headset firefox installed on your computer.
- Medical Transcribers – InScribe LLC is seeking MT’s to work your own hours from home. Will need a Windows computer.
- Remote Content Specialist – ICUC is seeking individuals to enforce the online community’s safety and usage policies across multiple content areas. Must have a Twitter and Facebook account and be a regular user of social media, a headset, mic and speak English and one other language.
- Mystery shoppers – Best Mark is seeking mystery shoppers in Canada to make mystery shopping calls from home as visit businesses and establishments in Canada.
If you or some one struggle with Rheumatoid Arthritis, volunteer and qualify for one of these important studies you may receive*:
•Payment (or) Compensation up to $1450
•No-cost study-related medical care from a local doctors & specialists in your area
•No-cost study medication for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Space is limited! Get started now. To Join Click Here